If you’ve ever had an athlete’s foot, you’ll know how horrible, smelly and stubborn that it can be. This usually comes from a fungus that you’ll have picked up from your local swimming baths or saunas.
However, having the right socks for the athlete’s foot will certainly help you to alleviate the condition.
Having the right socks can really be helpful in the treatment of athlete’s foot, allowing plenty of ventilation and comfort that will not cause the fungus to spread any further.
This will also help you to maintain any lotion of powder that you have put on your foot to help it to recover.
The fungus of athlete’s foot can survive on clothing and on various surfaces, which is why you should always wear a swimming sock, even when you are in the pool.
This is great for decreasing the moisture that accumulates in your food when you are suffering from this incredibly uncomfortable and socially awkward condition.
So where can you find the best socks for athlete’s foot? What features should these socks have to give you the optimum ventilation for your feet?
What are the best materials for one of these socks? How much can you expect to pay for a decent pair of athlete’s foot socks?
Well, if you are looking to alleviate your athlete’s foot, then I would suggest that you keep reading, as I have compiled a list of some of the best socks for athlete’s foot that you can currently find on the market.
I have also provided you with a buyer’s guide that will help you to decide what the best sock will be for your type of fungus.
List Of Best Sock’s For Athlete’s Foot
This first set of socks come with great materials that will help you reduce the wetness on your foot, reducing the amount of chafing and any blisters that you might feel on your feet.
These socks can be worn during all times of the year, you can use them for casual wear as well as for sport – introducing the Kodal Copper Infused Athletic Socks.
These socks come with antiviral and antifungal properties, giving you everything that you will need to keep that horrible fungus at bay.
These socks contain copper, which your skin does not react particularly badly to. In fact, copper is found naturally in the body and will not cause any allergic reactions.
- These socks contain copper, which naturally has a great response from your body. Some people might have allergies to cotton and nylon socks, so this gives you something a little different.
- These socks have great anti-fungal properties, as the copper will prevent the fungus from spreading and returning to your feet.
- This will keep their anti-viral properties no matter how many times you put them through the wash. This is very important so that you don’t transfer fungus from one wash to another.
- This will also prevent the transmission of mites, which can also be the source of high levels of itching and irritation.
- These socks are quite pricey, so if you only have a mild case of athlete’s foot, then you might want to consider something cheaper.
This next pair of socks can be used during any season, allowing you to wear them casually and also on formal occasions. They come in a very stylish black, which means that will complement lots of different apparel.
The material is very thin and comfortable and should provide your foot with adequate ventilation – introducing the Hanes Men’s FreshIQ Socks.
This is perfect for covering up that flaky and red skin that can often accommodate athlete’s foot sufferers.
Having a pair of sandals with these socks will allow you to be able to cover them up, while also allowing the foot to breathe, reducing moisture and the conditions that often aggravate this fungus.
- This sock will help you to reduce abrasions and other itching symptoms that can often accompany foot fungus.
- This sock comes with very breathable material, so you won’t have to worry about moisture building up in between your toes which can often cause painful itching.
- These ankles will be low enough to allow the bottom of your foot to breathe. Increasing the airflow between the toes will be very important for reducing moisture and fungus.
- This sock will cradle the bottom of your foot nicely, coming with a firmer ankle that means that your sock won’t slide down inside your shoe.
- These are not great socks for athletics, as they tend to slide down in the shoe when experiencing rigorous activity.
These next socks will wick away moisture from your feet, which is very important for reducing the growth of any fungus that you might experience.
This sock is made from a complex combination of materials including drystat, which is a material that will dry the foot really quickly – introducing Vitalsox Italy.
This sock will increase the breathability of your foot, especially in between the toes, which is where a lot of the moisture can accumulate.
This sock will keep all the noxious odors from your fungus trapped inside the weft, which will reduce the embarrassing situations that you might experience if you take your shoes off in a social situation.
- These are some of the most comfortable shoes that you can wear, they don’t squeeze your feet too tightly, although they will give you enough compression and support to keep your foot from seizing up.
- People who have worn these socks have boasted about how comfortable their feet feel in these socks, owing to the amazing moisture-wicking material.
- You can regulate the temperature of your feet with these socks, meaning they will discharge any of the uncomfortable heat that will build up there.
- This provides you with complete ankles coverage, which will certainly help you during the winter months when it gets colder.
- These socks might feel too restrictive, especially if you are going to be using them to play sports. Athletes might prefer the ankle-length variety.
This next pair of socks are made from standard cotton, but they do contain other materials that will help you to get rid of some of the moisture that can accumulate on your feet.
This combines to make great absorption of outside wetness while dispersing the wetness that comes from the inside of your shoe – introducing the Dickies Men’s Dri-Tech Moisture Control Crew Socks.
This pair of socks will have the best compression, whilst also helping your foot to breathe. These two attributes will keep your foot relatively dry and supported.
This comes with added support on the midsoles, which will help you to soothe your already sore feet. These socks can be hooked up very high and give you ample support for your calves.
- You can clean these socks thoroughly in the washing machine, they will prevent the transfer of moisture and fungus from one wash to another.
- This comes with specially designed ventilation channels, which will help you to keep your feet cool and avoid the high levels of sweat that can increase fungus.
- This is great for anyone who likes to bleach their socks in order to kill any additional bacteria.
- This has very stretchy elastic in the ankles, which will not dig into the flesh and cause you any additional irritation.
- These socks do not contain any copper features, which really help prevent the spread of any funguses. You should be sure that any antifungal socks have some copper in the lining.
This next pair of socks are specifically designed for athletes, giving you plenty of support in the toes and the ankles.
This is in the perfect shape of a running shoe, giving you everything that you’ll need for your toe to maintain its flexibility as well as its grasp.
This will give you subtle pressure in the ankle – introducing the Balega Silver No-Show Compression-Fit Running Socks.
These socks are not that thin or thick, maintaining that perfect consistency that will help your feet maintain their natural running form.
The compression will enhance the circulation of the blood around your feet, with extra thick stitches around the seams that will help you to keep your socks in shape for the long-term.
- These are some of the most flexible socks that you can get on the market, giving you the ability to exercise no matter what season it is.
- The compression on these socks will help to enhance a lot of the exercise that you’ll be doing, supporting the ankle, heel and toe.
- These socks will help to soothe aching and tired feet, giving you the ability to be able to work out harder or stand all day at the office.
- These come with extra stitches that are 30% more durable than most other socks that you might find on the market. This is very important if you are going to be involved in strenuous exercise.
- This does not come with a heel blister guard on the back, which will definitely be a boon for anyone who is looking to push themselves to the limit despite having athlete’s foot.
This next set of socks are made from 70% wool and 30% cotton, the latter of which is what accounts for its breathability.
The combination of these two materials will really help you to reduce the levels of fungus on your foot and also keep you warm during the colder months – introducing the Tisoks Mens and Womens Sports Ankle Socks.
This sock comes with titanium sewn into the fabric, which will certainly prevent the spread of any fungus, which will be very important for your feet.
These metallic elements in the sock will be able to resist even the most strenuous wash. These have a firm cuff on the ankle that will stop the sock from slipping down.
- This comes with titanium components that will stop the spread of the fungus, which will be very important when you are trying to quell your athlete’s foot.
- This comes with a seamless foot joint that will enable you to keep your foot flexible, which will be very important when you are exercising.
- This has a reinforced heel that will give you extra stability, allowing you to work out for longer and harder.
- This comes with anti-microbial properties that will stop the spread of infection and reduce the amount of fungus that you’ll have on your feet.
- This is made from 70% cotton, which will definitely affect the amount of warmth that you’ll be getting to your feet.
When it comes to slowing down the progress of an aggressive athlete’s foot, you’ll need certain features with your socks that will reduce moisture and prevent the spread of bacteria.
This will all come down to the materials and the design features of your sock. Here are a few things that you’ll want from a decent sock for athlete’s foot:
How Much Moisture Does It Wick?
Getting rid of excess sweat from the inside of a running trainer will be very important for preventing the spread of the athlete’s foot.
You’ll want to make sure that there is plenty of space between the toes and they do not rub together. Toes rubbing together can cause bad chafing, which will certainly cause you a lot of pain.
How Much Compression Does It Provide?
This is a very important feature for improving the circulation of the blood to your food, especially when you are working out or wearing your sock for athletic exercises.
Again, you’ll want material that is well ventilated and will decrease the amount of heat and water in your foot. Fungus thrives on heat and water and you’ll want to avoid these elements.
How Much Odor Does It minimize?
This is very important only for the social elements. We’ve all known the embarrassment of taking off our shoes in somebody else’s home and having our feet emit a pungent odor.
You’ll want to have the right material that will hold in or absorb most of this smell.
What Materials Is It Made Out Of?
Cotton, wool and metal elements such as copper and titanium help to prevent the spread of some of the worst bacteria and other elements.
Having metal elements in your sock will halt the spread of bacteria, which often stick around on fabric and other materials. These materials will often affect the price of your socks, so be prepared to spend a few more dollars on socks with metal materials in them.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can You Treat Athlete’s Foot?
There are plenty of home remedies that you can use in the treatment of athlete’s foot, although we would recommend that you consult with your doctor first before trying any of them. Here are a few that you could try with your doctor:
- Lotions and creams – you can get these over the counter with most of your pharmacists. All you have to do is apply them with spray or lotion over the top of your foot a few times a day.
- Hydrogen peroxide – this stuff will be a very quick and effective method of killing bacteria really fast. This will cause you some slight inflammation when you apply them directly to the skin.
- Tea tree oil – this stuff is for people who want to treat their fungus the natural way. You can dilute it and mix it with various other minerals in order to restore the natural moisture of your foot.
- Neem Oil – This oil also has wonderful anti-fungal properties and is a good method of treating an athlete’s foot.
- Rubbing alcohol – this will be another very extreme method of getting rid of this fungus and you can surely expect it to burn as soon as you apply it.
- Baby powder – this will be great at absorbing the extra moisture that accumulates around the fungus, which causes it to spread.
I hope that my list of some of the best socks for an athlete’s foot has helped you to decide whether you need to invest in a pair to help you with your particular infection.
Remember: you’ll want something comfortable and breathable to reduce the moisture and heat in your foot.