However, luckily there are boots out there that give you all the comfort, durability and support that you need when you are out in your workplace.
It’s hard to find clothes that fit you when you are a heavier person. Wide shoulders, a broad neck, taller stature and, most frustratingly, bigger feet.
This last one is one of the most difficult pieces of apparel that you can find when you are shopping off the rack. If you have wide and long feet, you might have to resort to going online for your shoes.
However, luckily for you, there are plenty of options out there for larger-footed workers. You can have plenty of boots that have the correct width and thickness that you’ll need to keep your feet very comfortable and durable, keeping your feet nice and snug during the harsher winter months.
You’ll ideally need shoes that come with waterproof components, as these will keep your feet dry, especially if you have a job out in nature where you are working with waterlogged elements. You might also want your shoe to have special coatings that will help protect them from chemicals and oil spills.
So where can you find the best work boots for heavy guys? What materials and features do you need to make sure that your feet will be completely protected against the harsher elements?
What are the best designs for wide footed people? How much will you be expected to pay for a shoe for a larger man?
Well, if you are having trouble finding work boots that suit you, then I suggest that you keep reading. I have compiled a list of some of the best working boots for heavy set men that you can currently find on the market.
Not only are these shoes stylish, but they will also keep your foot safe and secure when you are in the workplace.
List Of Best Work Boots For Heavy Guys
My first pair of work boots come with some amazing features, including anti-slip and anti-fatigue technology.
A lot of users who have worn this boot have boasted about the comfort on the inside, giving you enough room to flex your foot naturally, as well as giving you the ability to keep your natural alignment – introducing the Ever Boots Tank Men’s Soft Toe Oil Full Grain Leather Work Boots Construction Rubber.
This boot has hooks in the lining, so that you can do your laces up tightly, making the boot far more secure on your feet.
This also comes with a completely secure rubber sole that’s made from 100% leather. This will protect it from the harsher weather elements, which are often part of the reason why your shoe will start to degrade in the first place.
- This boot comes with steel shanks running through the center, which will enable you to climb the ladder and stay on your feet for much longer without the shoe splitting.
- These boots are also very resistant to oil and other chemical spillages. So if you are working in a place where there are plenty of hazardous materials, these are great boots to have.
- These boots will stop you from slipping, which will be very important for keeping you safe at the workplace. You know what they say – the bigger they are, the harder they fall!
- This comes with speed hooks, which will allow you to do up your laces fast and sturdy, meaning that it will not slip off your foot.
- The only weakness of this shoe is in the ankle, as it will not really provide you with that much support.
My next pair of boots are another that are amazingly durable, giving you everything that you need for a comfortable walk as well as a comfortable working environment.
This comes with a zip on the side that will allow you to put on and take off your boots easily and efficiently – introducing the Under Armour Men’s Valsetz RTS 1.5 Zipper Military and Tactical Boot.
This boot is made from synthetic leather and rubber, which makes it one of the toughest boots currently on the market. This shoe comes with anti-slip technology on the underside, meaning that you can work a lot hard and feel a lot more confident when you are working on slippery surfaces.
- If you are a larger worker and are sick and tired of having work shoes that potentially jeopardize your safety at the workplace, then we would certainly recommend that you pick up a pair of these.
- This comes with toe caps that are thermoplastic, meaning that they’ll keep your toes nice and warm for the duration of your working day.
- This comes with a ClutchFit technology, which is what you’ll need to keep your foot well encased, giving you everything that you need for a solid grip.
- This will reduce the number of blisters that you’ll get on your feet, which is great for keeping you on your feet for a longer period of time.
- The color of this boot might not last you for that long, which might be an issue if you have to look presentable at your workplace.
This set of boots are a pair of A-grade work boots, made with features such as leather shoes that you can be sure will give you everything that you need for solid underfoot support.
This is made from 100% leather, which is very durable and will prevent your shoes from taking on water – introducing the Irish Setter Men’s 6-inch 83605 Work Boots.
This boot is as comfortable as it is inside as it is on the outside. It is made from a very comfortable nylon weave on the inside. They are also very easy to wash, all you have to do is apply some hot water and soap and your shoes will end up looking as good as new! They also have protective features like toe caps.
- These shoes are made from 100% leather, which means that they will be very resistant to water, chemicals and other oil spills.
- These have a heat-resistant outsole, which will really help you to reduce the level of sweating that you’ll experience on the inside of your foot.
- This comes with a hand-woven lining that you can be sure will keep your foot nice and comfortable.
- This also comes with EVA padded foam lining, which will help support the ball of your foot, which is often the place where a heavy-set user experiences a lot of pressure.
- This comes with a lot of toe protection, but little toe support. You might find yourself struggling with pinching after wearing it for longer periods.
My next set of shoes are made by the amazing Timberland brand, which has been manufacturing sturdy work boots for decades now. These shoes are very good for a larger guy, with plenty of support in the footbed, supported with EVA dual-density foam lining.
This shoe has been built with maximum comfort and protection in mind – introducing the Timberland Men’s White Ledge Mid Waterproof Ankle Boot.
These shoes are completely waterproof, making them the ideal shoes to use for water-based job pursuits. If you are going to be mainly working in the great outdoors, then these shoes really have you covered.
If you are working longer hours in the cold and want a pair of shoes that will not split, then we would definitely recommend this pair.
- This comes with secured hooks, which will help you to tie your laces securely, forming a snug fit around the entirety of your foot.
- You can even switch out the footbed in this shoe, as this might afford you some more room, giving you more wriggle-room in the toe box.
- This comes with padded foam in the collar, which is where a lot of chafing will occur in smaller shoes. If you have larger feet, then this will be a massive relief from pain.
- This shoe is completely waterproof, which will be a godsend if you are working in muddy puddles or places where rainwater could severely damage your shoe.
- This shoe has no supporting shank running through the center, so it might be difficult if you are working hard, climbing ladders or other sheer corners, for long periods of time.
This next boot that I’ve listed is some of the best that you can find for your needs, coming with a sturdy shank through the center, giving you complete support in the toes and at the heel.
This will also keep you protected from electrical hazards, giving you everything that you need for a very safe and secure working day – introducing Cat Footwear Men’s Second Shift Work Boot.
This shoe will really reduce the amount of pain and blisters that you’ll be suffering, with a completely cushioned insole that will stop you from chafing your feet.
This can protect you from charges that go up to 14,000 volts! These shoes have a shank running through the center that will really help you when you are scaling ladders and metal ledges.
- This shoe is one of the heftiest on this list, it will leave heavier users certainly feeling a lot more comfortable, with plenty of room to wriggle their toes and increase blood flow into the feet.
- These shoes have the utmost protection and safety, giving you everything that you need to keep your walking for a long period of time.
- This not only gives you protection against water, but you can also have protection against electricity and chemical spillages.
- This come switch steel toe protection will help you to be able to protect your delicate toes from getting severed in the workplace.
- The color of these boots might fade after a few years of use, so if the presentation is important to you, then we would recommend that you pick up a different set of shoes.
This final pair of shoes are much more in the casual range of shoes, with fewer features than some of the other pairs that we’ve listed above, however, they are very roomy and you can be sure that you’ll have a comfortable working shift.
This comes with an excellent grip, they not only make great working boots, but you can also use them for casual wear – introducing Skechers Men’s Blaine Orsen Ankle Boot.
This comes with contrast stitching that makes them one of the most durable boots that you can find on this list.
They come with smooth layers, which are perfect for keeping you comfortable, giving you everything that you need to reduce the level of blisters. This shoe is also one of the most stylish that you can find, coming in smooth tan leather.
- This comes with a very comfortable elastic fit that will remain very snug around your ankle. This is very important if you are worried about chafing, which might distract you at work.
- This comes with a very soft rubber sole, which will help you get even more comfortable. If you have larger feet, you’ll want a soft material that does not chafe your skin.
- This comes with amazing traction that will allow you to keep firm on even the most slippery surfaces.
- You can easily lace up these shoes, which might be important if you are in a job that requires you to put on and remove your shoes quickly and easily.
- These are not shoes that you can use for heavy manual labor, as they do not really offer the protection that you might require.
If you are a heavy-set guy, then there will definitely be a few must-have features that you’ll need from your work boots.
Being a heavy-set guy myself, I hate boots that pinch and restrict blood flow around my feet. Here are a few things that I would recommend looking out for in your next pair of shoes:
How Much Stability Do They Give You?
Having shoes that give you plenty of support will be very important, as this will prevent aches and fatigues that you can often experience when you are wearing ill-fitting shoes.
Heavier guys will often put more weight on their heel, so having something with premium cushioning in this part of your foot will be very important.
How Safe Is This Shoe?
When you are working, especially in heavy industry, you’ll want to make the safety of your feet the top priority.
If you are heavy and you have ill-fitting work boots, then this can severely compromise the safety of your workplace, not just for you, but for your colleagues. Make sure that you have boots that protect your toes as well as support your midsole.
How Durable Are These Boots?
Having boots that will retain their functionality no matter how much you wear them will be very important, especially if you are going to be wearing them five days out of the week.
You’ll need shoes that have waterproof elements, as well as the ability to be able to withstand chemical spills and oil slicks.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Features Does A Boot For A Heavy Guy Need?
Ideally, you should have maximum comfort around the collar of the shoe, this is where the tongue is, as well as where the ankle meets your boot.
I would recommend getting a shoe with EVA in-foam lining, as this will keep your shoe completely comfortable, giving you everything that you need for anti-chafe and anti-blister.
How Much Will A Larger Boot Cost You?
You shouldn’t have to pay more than a hundred dollars for a larger shoe, in fact, some of the larger shoes do not cost much more than their smaller counterparts.
If you want some of the extra protective features, then we would certainly recommend that you spend over $100 on your work boot.
I hope that my list of boots for heavier guys has helped you to identify which are the best for your needs.
You’ll need to make sure that you have plenty of protective elements on your boots, otherwise, this could lead to increased irritation, which could compromise the quality of your work further down the line.