If you have a job where you are standing on your feet all day, then you’ll need work boots that have comfort in the midsole and in the heel.
Plantar Fasciitis, you might not be aware of this condition, but it is one that you can be sure will cause you a significant amount of pain if you are at work all day with it.
You might experience this pain very early in the morning, with a stabbing pain that occurs in the heel but then diminishes as the day goes on.
This condition is most commonly experienced in runners, people who might be overweight, or anyone with a strenuous labor job where they are on their feet all day.
There are a few treatments that you can have for this condition, but one of the other methods of alleviating this kind of pain is with comfy work boots.
Work boots are one of the most important factors that you’ll need to have a productive work day. Having support in the midsole as well as the heel will really help make all the difference and reduce the sometimes significant pain that you can experience from this condition.
So where can you find the best work boots for Plantar Fasciitis? What features do these boots need to have to give you premium comfort and support?
What are the best materials for these shoes to be made from? How much will you have to pay for a decent pair of work boots?
Well, if you are suffering from this nagging condition, then I would recommend that you keep reading, as I have a list of some of the best shoes that you can get to soothe your heel currently available on the market.
I also have a buyer’s guide that will help you to decide what the best shoes are for your specific needs.
List Of Best Work Boots For Plantar Fasciitis
My first pair of shoes are from the mighty Timberland brand, experts in making thick and hearty work boots for laborers, firemen and hiking for decades.
This comes with plenty of shock absorption in the design that will certainly help you relieve some of that awful pressure that accumulates in your back foot – introducing the Timberland Pro Men’s Pitboss 6-inch Steel-Toe Boot.
This comes with plates in the foot that will properly distribute the pressure from the ball of your foot to the other areas, such the midsole and the tip. This comes with metal hooks in the laces that will allow getting a nice tight boot that will fully support not just your foot but your whole ankle.
- This comes with antimicrobial properties, allowing you to sweat as much as you like in your shoe without it building up and causing a problem.
- These boots are one of the softest and most cushioned boots that you can find on the market. It comes with extra padding and shock absorption in the heel, allowing you plenty of chances to run around and work out.
- This boot comes with amazing rubber elements, each one will act as a wonderful shock absorber, giving you everything that you need for a very comfortable run.
- This is also resistant to slippages, which means that you’ll be able to work a lot harder in outdoor conditions.
- These shoes have been known to run very narrow, meaning that they might pinch you if you are working all day in them.
Next up, I have a shoe that deals with plantar fasciitis in the most unique and interesting way that you can imagine.
This has great rubber in the outsoles, meaning that you’ll be able to have plenty of grip on the floor, which will, in turn, help you to keep your ankle supported and well-ventilated – introducing the Keen Utility Men’s Pittsburgh 6-inch Steel Toe Waterproof Work Boot.
This has a thick barrier in the toes that will help you to protect your toes, which is great if you are working with heavy objects.
You’ll want to make sure that you have everything that you need for protection in the midsole of your shoe, which this boot definitely provides for you. This also comes with a membrane that will help you dispense with moisture.
- This boot comes with dual-function EVA protection, which will certainly prevent your foot from suffering during the attacks on your foot.
- This shoe is completely waterproof, so it will reduce the amount of chafing that you might experience if you are working outdoors.
- This comes with reflective surfaces, which will certainly help you if you are walking at night or working in low-light conditions.
- This will also help you with your plantar fasciitis, as it has great foamed support in the midsole, which is great for cushioning.
- These shoes can be a bit stiff on first wearing, which means that you might be experiencing a little discomfort when you are wearing them for the first few weeks.
This next set of boots will give you everything that you need for great support, with a solid base in the feet that will allow you great cushioning, supporting the insole and making sure that it is very responsive.
This also comes with a mesh lining that is very breathable, allowing you to get rid of sweat that accumulates underneath – introducing the Timberland Pro Men’s 6-inch Rigmaster XT Steel-Toe Waterproof Work Boot.
These boots are very easy to take on and off, coming with finger grip pulls that will allow removing your boots with very little chafing and not much hassle. This comes with plenty of springiness in the heel, which will mean that your plantar fasciitis will not be aggravated when you are standing up all day at work.
- These footbeds have great cushioning, giving you everything that you need for a soft foot joint.
- This comes with steel elements in the toe that will ensure you complete protection against falling objects and other hazardous debris that you might encounter.
- This comes with a waterproof membrane that will keep your feet nice and dry, even during the harsher winter months.
- The areas that often experience a high degree of wear and tear are reinforced with leather, so you’ll have to make sure that you have everything that you need when you are heavy lifting or running.
- Like all shoes, the breaking-in process can cause you some soreness and ache in your feet. However, after a few weeks, you should notice that this is easier to wear.
These next pair of boots come with some of the best supportive features that will really help anyone who is suffering from any underfoot pain.
They come with plenty of supportive ankle features as well as absorption in the foot that will allow you to stand on your feet for a lot longer – introducing the Wolverine Men’s Raider DuraShocks 6-Inch Complete Toe Construction Boot.
This will give the hard laborer the chance to really put their foot to the floor and work for a lot longer than they normally would. This has a supportive but very comfortable structure, allowing you the ability to bend your foot in all the ways that a normal shoe wouldn’t allow you to do.
- This shoe comes with amazing cushioned footbeds, which will really help you to make sure that your sore sole can carry on working for most of the day.
- These boots give you the ability to be able to navigate more slippery surfaces, which is always very important when you are working outdoors.
- These boots are shaped for the feet, allowing you great support as well as flexibility, both of which are very important when you are working hard for long hours at a time.
- You have safety toe caps in the tips of these boots, which gives you that complete protection and confidence when you are out working with heavy objects.
- Some users have reported that they find this boot a little too tight for their needs, so you might need to get a size larger than what you might normally wear.
When you are working for long hours on hard surfaces, then having a boot that is comfortable and supportive will be crucial for performing the job well.
They have cushioned footbeds, which will help your feet feel very supported no matter how hard you work them – introducing Thorogood Men’s American Heritage 6-inch Moc Toe.
These boots come with plenty of amazing materials, such as a polyurethane wedge outcome that will allow you to travel across slippery surfaces with much more confidence.
This is made from the very durable Goodyear Storm Welt Construction, which will give you that seal of quality for when you are out on the wet ground.
- This shoe is made from flexible materials, allowing you to move your foot completely, which will help you to alleviate your plantar fasciitis.
- This is made from a very durable material, which means that you’ll be able to work longer and your boots will last you a lot longer.
- This comes with coatings that will help your shoes to last against the wind and wet weather. Rain is the number one cause of boots perishing, so it is important that they have this coating.
- This foot comes with cushioning in the soles, meaning that you can land with a heavy thump and it will absorb most of the shock.
- Some people have complained that the stitching on these boots is very tight, which will make them very uncomfortable to wear during the first few weeks.
Finally, I’m ending on a nice and snug working boot that a lot of people have complimented for the EVA insole and the reduction of pain that these shoes afford them.
This will absorb plenty of shocks, which is especially useful for reducing the heavy footfall that will exacerbate your Plantar Fasciitis – introducing the Keen Utility Men’s Flint Low Steel Toe Work Shoe.
This comes with oil-resistant components, which will overall preserve the longevity of your boot and allow you to work for longer. These have added resistance to electrical hazards, which means that if you are working around exposed cables, then you won’t have to worry about your feet getting damaged.
- This is a great shoe for plantar fasciitis, as it will soften the hard impacts that your foot might experience when you are working on hard flooring all day.
- This comes with weather-resistant properties such as nubuck leather, which is very durable and will overall preserve the lifespan of your boot.
- There are plenty of great build-in safety features with this shoe, which will give you everything that you need for a solid performance.
- These shoes are also very stylish, you can take them to work or out on a long hike with you and your friends. A lot of people also just choose this shoe purely for comfort.
- The toe caps on these shoes can be very heavy and weigh down the whole thing at the end of your foot. If you have mobility issues, then you might want to consider a boot that is slightly lighter.
When you are shopping for a good boot to get rid of plantar fasciitis, then you’ll want to make sure that you have EVA foam padding on the insole, as this will be the place where you will be experiencing the most pressure.
Repeated pressure is what exacerbates this condition, so anything that will alleviate it will be paramount.
Does It Have Cushioned Insoles?
Above all else, this is the most important feature that you can be looking for with your work boots. If you are hitting the floor hard for most of the day, then you’ll want something that is going to mitigate that foot trauma.
We would also recommend that you have PU insoles, as this will help you get even more stability and balance.
Does It Have Steel Toes?
This is non-negotiable if you are working in a heavy industry, as you can experience a situation where a heavy item falls on your foot and you’ll have a few toes amputated.
These workplace accidents can be prevented, so long as you have the right level of protection. Steel toes might also make the boot feel a lot heavier, so make sure that you’ll absolutely need this feature.
Does It Have Waterproof Elements?
This is another important factor for preserving the longevity of your footwear. Water will eventually degrade the material of the shoe and reduce its functionality. If your boot has a protective coating, then this will be one surefire method of increasing the lifespan of the shoe.
Does It Have Markings On Sensitive Areas?
If you have a tendency to lean on one part of your foot, then chances are you will wear away the corresponding area of your foot. So, if these weak points are built up with reinforced leather, then this is another way of preventing them from wearing out and ultimately reducing their quality.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Painful Is Plantar Fasciitis?
These conditions can get quite painful, often afflicting people the most in the morning. The condition arises from repeated pressure placed on the ball of the foot. This is often experienced by runners who work on concrete and anyone who is overweight and is on their feet throughout the course of the day.
How Long Should Work Boots Last?
We would recommend that you have work boots that will last you for at least 6 months to a year. You’ll need to make sure that they have plenty of solid material that can withstand intense water, pressure and heat. Even sunlight can start to crack your work boots after a time.
My Final Say
I hope that my list of some of the best work boots for this painful condition has helped you decide which are the best work boots for your needs. If you can, find some boots that have UV protection, as the sun will eventually damage the inside of your feet.
You shouldn’t have to spend too much money on your boots, although if you do pay, then you will get a quality boot that will last you a lot longer.