A good pair of work boots is crucial to many jobs. If you’re working in a dangerous environment and need some safe, secure footwear, work boots have got you covered. They are also great for wearing outside of work too, making DIY projects and gardening (amongst other things) much safer.
If you work somewhere the ground gets wet or slick, you’ll need some slip-resistant work boots. On top of being sturdy and offering your foot protection, slip-resistant work boots will make sure you keep a steady footing on even the slipperiest of surfaces.
Finding a good pair of work boots can be tricky, however, and it can be hard to know where to start looking.
Luckily, we’ve done all the legwork for you, and gathered up 5 of the best slip-resistant work boots out there. We’ve also included a buyer’s guide to help you make the best choice for you, as well as a short FAQ section to answer any queries you may have.
So, let’s get started, and look at the 5 best slip-resistant work boots on the market!
List Of Best Slip-Resistant Work Boots
If you’re looking for something simple and reliable in your work boots, then the Timberland Pro Pit Boss has got you covered.
These sturdy boots value comfort just as much as they value safety – that is to say, a lot. The Timberland Pro Pit Boss are incredibly tough, and are suitable for even the toughest conditions at work. They are made out of 100% leather, making the exterior durable and waterproof.
Meanwhile, the interior is lined with comfortable padding to stabilize and support your ankle.
The Pit Boss also has a cushioned insole made with ‘Comfort Suspension’ technology, which adjusts to the shape and arch of your foot to alleviate the strain and aches put on your feet.
The rubber soles of the Timberland Pro Pit Boss are not only slip-resistant, but are also abrasion- and oil-resistant as well. It’s not hard to see why these work boots have been certified under ANSI safety standards!
- Made of 100% leather and with a thick rubber sole means these durable boots can withstand the toughest working conditions
- These boots are certified as meeting ANSI safety standards, proving their effectiveness at workplace safety
- Their Comfort Suspension technology reduces the strain on your feet, keeping them ache-free
- The interior is breathable with a moisture-wicking lining to keep your feet fresh
- The 6-inch steel toe cap protects your feet from compression and impact alike
- The material around and inside the ankles of these boots can be too small, so you might want to size up
- Breaking in these boots can take a while due to their tougher materials
While most work boots with a toe cap use heavy steel, the Wolverine Raider work boots use a much lighter composite material. This makes them easier to wear over long shifts, without having to sacrifice your safety.
The Wolverine Raiders are slip-resistant and oil-resistant, and the finish of the leather exterior protects them from abrasions as well as making them look fantastic right out of the box.
They also feature a removable insole that can be swapped for a bespoke insole, and a rubber outsole combined with DuraShocks’ shock absorption technology.
If you want a sturdy slip-resistant work boot that does its job well and looks great while doing it, the Wolverine Raiders may be the boots for you.
- The composite toe cap is much lighter than steel, while offering just as much protection
- You can remove the insole to clean or replace it
- Due to the leather’s finish, the boot’s stylish look lasts from when you open them to when they eventually wear out
- Slip-, oil-, and abrasion-resistant, these boots are built to last
- The specially-designed midsole gives the sole of the boots more flexibility and makes walking easier
- Although classed as the same model, some colors of this boot have slightly different designs
- You may need to size down the toe cap for a snug fit
Do you work in regularly wet conditions? If so, the slip-resistant sole and waterproof exterior of the Caterpillar Threshold steel-toed industrial work boot are sure to keep your feet warm and dry.
The soles of these boots are slip-resistant, as well as shock-resistant. These boots are certified to withstand up to 600 volts in dry conditions, while you’ll be able to keep your footing when it’s wet.
Not only that, but the 6” steel toe cap is incredibly tough and is certified by the ASTM as being of the highest standard of strength for resisting compression and impacts.
The Caterpillar Threshold are a versatile pair of work boots that deliver great results in all sorts of jobs. Steer clear of workplace hazards and get a pair of boots that protect you from any issues you might encounter.
- Not only are the soles slip-resistant, but the boot’s exterior is covered with a waterproof membrane
- The upper is breathable and sturdy, and made of a high-quality leather
- They are shock-resistant and can withstand up to 600 volts in dry conditions
- The 6” steel toe is certified at the highest standard of impact and compression resistance
- Because of their durability, you’re sure to get your money’s worth
- The breaking-in process may take a while, as these boots are fairly stiff at first
- Over time, the waterproof membrane can wear off and your boots can start taking in water
Skechers are well-known for their comfortable sneakers, and these slip-resistant work boots are no different.
The Workshire line of boots was developed with working environments in mind. Because of that, these boots are durable, comfortable, and offer great protection against slips and impacts.
While they might not look too flashy, these boots don’t need flair to work well. They are great at keeping your feet safe and comfortable, with their steel caps protecting your toes and their rubber soles helping you maintain your footing.
- Simple yet effective, these boots do a great job of keeping you safe and stable without being too flashy
- The memory foam insole cushions your foot against the impact of footfall
- Despite their sturdy materials, these shoes are remarkably lightweight
- The relaxed fit makes these boots easy to put on and take off
- High arches in the sole not only support your feet, but also your ankles, legs, and back
- The sole is tough and takes a lot of time to break in properly
- Over time, rough use can cause these boots to come apart in places
Finally, rounding our list off are the ROCKROOSTER AK050 steel toes work boots. These sturdy and versatile boots are filled with features to give you the best experience possible, from a contoured footbed to zips on the side that make it easier to put your boots on or take them off.
The thermoplastic polyurethane sole is oil- and slip-resistant, as well as having more flexibility than many work boots. It also absorbs shock and disperses impacts, keeping your feet safe from fatigue.
In addition to being safe and sturdy, these boots are also extremely comfortable. The memory foam insole and contoured footbed work together to cushion and support your feet, while the roomy steel toe cap gives your toes a bit of wriggle room.
Top it all off with a stylish design, and why should you bother with any other boot?
- The handy zip makes taking your boots on and off as simple as zipping them and slipping them
- Their interior is moisture-wicking and uses COOLMAX technology to keep your feet dry
- A cushioning insole provides your feet with comfort and shock absorption
- Both toe caps have a wide profile shape to prevent them from pinching and squeezing your toes
- Anatomically contoured footbed molds to your foot for maximum arch support
- Pulling the zip up all the way may put too much pressure on your ankle, while having it too low means you risk the boot slipping off
- You’ll have to size up the boot to fit your feet
When you’re picking out your work boots, there are a few things you need to consider before you buy. Making the right choice will ensure you get the best pair of slip-resistant work boots possible, so bear these in mind when making your pick.
If you’re going to be putting your boots through a lot of stress and strain, they may begin to fall apart over time. While good-quality boots can be more expensive, they work out far cheaper in the long run when compared to cheaper boots that will fall apart after only a few months. When possible, you’re better off getting a pair of boots that you know will last.
When working long shifts with a lot of walking or standing, a comfortable pair of boots is crucial. Don’t sacrifice comfort for safety; there are plenty of work boots out there that are just as comfortable as they are effective at keeping you safe.
Some boots, such as the Skechers Workshire work boots, come with an extra-cushioned insole ready to go. Others, such as the Wolverine Raiders, have a removable insole so you can insert your own.
Sweaty feet can cause more issues than just bad smells. They also run the risk of Athlete’s Foot and other issues. Keeping your feet fresh in a pair of work boots is tricky, but many boots feature moisture-wicking and antimicrobial technologies in their materials to reduce the build-up of sweat and moisture in your boots.
This isn’t the case for all boots, however, and you should keep an eye out when browsing to make sure your boots will be breathable.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Makes Work Boots Slip-Resistant?
When it comes to making a boot slip-resistant, it all comes down to the sole. This is the part of the boot that makes contact with the ground, so it needs to be carefully crafted to make sure that there is no risk of slips.
The material, tread pattern, and design of the outsole are all important to making sure a boot is slip-resistant.
Does Slip-Resistant Mean the Same Thing as Waterproof?
Just because a work boot is slip-resistant doesn’t mean it’s waterproof (and vice versa). They are two different concepts, where waterproofing has no impact on how good a grip the boots have on the ground. In fact, slip resistance needs to account for how slippery both wet and dry surfaces are – dust and debris can be just as slippery as oil.
Which Soles Have The Best Slip Resistance?
This depends on the situation, with some types of sole offering more grip in certain environments. For example, polyurethane (PU) soles are better suited for floors covered with water, oil, and slippery liquids. Meanwhile, rubber (NR) soles give the most traction on dry surfaces.
So, there you have it! 5 of the best slip-resistant work boots available on the market.
All of these boots have great features that will keep you safe and comfortable over long shifts, without any risk of slips or falls.
If you’re working in tougher conditions and need a good pair of non-slip work boots, then the boots on this list are all great options for you. Whichever pair you choose, you’re sure to get a great new pair of boots that will serve you well in whatever job you do.